What’s new in Google Groups?
New and better ways to use Google Groups!
The new Google Groups will have a new look and more features:
- Better searching. Google Groups now supports search operators similar to Gmail's, such as from:me. You can search for topics by tag and save your search queries.
- Customizable roles. Group owners can assign members different levels of authorization to perform most group tasks. A group can contain multiple roles (for example, Owner, Manager, Member, and so on). Each user's permissions depend on which role they have been assigned in the group.
We 'll also be able to select new group types to fit our needs:
- Email list. To communicate with a group of people using a single email address.
- Web forum. An online community where members freely share information. Members can add references to posts and managers can move topics to the top of the forum.
- Q&A forum. A structured forum where users can ask questions and members can provide responses.
- Collaborative inbox. For members who need to work together to respond to posts or emails. A collaborative inbox gives users access to features like tagging topics, assigning topics, and marking duplicates.
Beginning on June 26, you will see the new Google Groups by default. For a while, you're free to switch back and forth between the new and classic versions of Groups as much as you want. Please note this rollout will take a number of days to complete.
Check out the Google Apps Learning Center for quick start guides and other resources for learning to use the new Google Groups features.
If you have questions or need help:
contact Client Services at x7973
Thanks for trying the new Google Groups!