The emails are similar to the following
Friday, May 19, 2023
Ongoing "Student Employment" scam
Thursday, May 18, 2023
**UPDATE** Degree Works Upgrade - Responsive Dashboard is Complete
Tuesday, May 16, 2023
PLANNED NETWORK OUTAGE 5/25: Memorial Hall
Your Feedback Is Needed!
As another semester comes to an end we need your help! We are evaluating how certain services and products benefit the Manhattan College community or could bring value to a particular classroom/computer lab. Please help us by completing the following surveys. Each one will only take 5 minutes or less and your feedback is valued.
Google Jamboard is a digital whiteboard that can be used by students, professors, and staff. It has a range of features from digital whiteboards to remote collaboration to video conferencing and more. ITS introduced them on campus during the Summer of 2017 and they are currently located in:
Leo Student Study Space- (4 Jamboards available for use)
Leo Center for Academic Success
Please take this 4-5 minute survey to tell us about your experience with Google Jamboard and help us learn more about where, when, why, and how you are using it.
Smart classrooms are defined as rooms that have the latest technology standard in place.
Please take this 4-5 minute survey to tell us about your experience with classroom technology and help us learn more about where, when, why, and how you are using it.
Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We value your feedback and would like to hear about your overall experience with ITS.
Please take this 1-2 minute survey to tell us about your experience with ITS for the Spring 2022 semester.
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Summer 2023 ITS Response Times
Due to a severe staffing shortage, there may be longer response times than normal for support beginning the week of 5/14 lasting through the summer. We appreciate your understanding.
If you or anyone you know is interested in working for ITS, please refer to this link to find out more and apply.
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
How ITS Deals With Phishing Email Campaigns
Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Friendly Reminder: Back Up Your Data
With the convenience of the cloud and apps like Google Drive, it’s pretty easy to forget to back up your data. This is just a friendly reminder to do so!
Data on Google Drive:
Make sure that you have all of your data backed up either on your hard drive, a storage device, or a separate cloud storage service.
If you are using Drive File Stream, it is very important that you are regularly checking drive.google.com to make sure that your data is syncing/saving properly.
Once you’re logged into your google drive via web browser make sure that any files you worked on using drive file stream are present and up to date. You can access your drive via file stream or web browser on any device.
Losing data can be incredibly stressful, but it is preventable! Here are some previously shared tips:
If you have any questions or concerns about this please reference our knowledge base articles or contact the ITS Help Desk for further assistance!
- Your critical data should never reside in a single place.
- The ideal backup strategy will typically include both an online backup service (Google Drive) to ensure your data is secure no matter what happens to your mobile device or computer.
- Running consistent, automatic backups is a straightforward process that will take a little time to set up and will require even less to maintain.
- Backups can be configured to run in real time when files on your computer are changed.
- Routinely test your backup solution to ensure you can recover your data in the event that you do actually need to restore from a backup.
Information partially taken from: https://er.educause.edu/blogs/2017/9/september-2018-do-you-have-a-personal-backup-plan
Banner Communication Manager Could Help You!
If you are finding yourself in need of sending a large email communication, Banner Communication Manager (BCM) may be a helpful resource for you! It saves you from manually inputting large amounts of email addresses and can also help personalize mass emails. If you are interested in learning about how to use BCM you can check out this article.
If this is something you would like to explore further please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a BCM Consultation to arrange a setup and training session.
ITS: Hiring Now!
ITS is hiring and looking to fill the following student positions (multiple positions per role) ASAP:
*Please make sure to indicate if you would also be able to work during Summer 2023 *
- Client Services Technician The primary focus is to support the Manhattan College community's technology needs. The Client Services Technician (CST) performs daily operations of the Client Services office, including checking student email, checking ticketing, answering the phones, and greeting clients in the office. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: consulting, training, supporting faculty and students; writing technology based documentation; self evaluation and assessment of client services skills and knowledge; assist colleagues; and troubleshooting. Additional responsibilities to be determined by Supervisors depending on the needs of the office. Training is provided. For a more detailed description please check the Student Employment website for this listing.
- Operations Representative The primary focus is to support the Manhattan College community's technology needs. The Operations Technician performs the daily tasks of the Operations office. We are an escalation team that works to maintain ITS owned equipment in all classrooms and computer labs throughout the entire campus. Main day to day tasks include: checking ticketing, room checks for all classrooms and computer labs, troubleshooting any issues that are escalated to the team, projector maintenance, replacing cabling in the ceiling/wall between projector and wall port, updating inventory for any new equipment, imaging, control unit maintenance (Pixie, Hall Research, Crestron). Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: research, training, writing/updating technology based documentation (Knowledge Base articles), self evaluation and assessment of operations skills and knowledge, and assist colleagues. Additional responsibilities to be determined by Supervisors depending on the needs of the office. Training is provided. For a more detailed description please check the Student Employment website for this listing.Please feel free to pass this on to anyone at Manhattan College who is eligible to apply or advertise. Thank you!