In order to improve network reliability and stability throughout campus, ITS will be conducting some upgrades on network equipment that services the campus. This network maintenance will affect both the wired and wireless networks. The Spring Break network maintenance schedule is below:
Monday, March 18th
- 7am-8am: Upgrading equipment in RLC that services core servers. Wired and wireless throughout campus may be affected during this maintenance period.
- 8am-9am: Equipment in Hayden Hall will be updated causing both wired and wireless networks to go down in Hayden and Miguel Halls as well as Physical Plant in the Garage.
- 7am-8am: The main networking equipment in Thomas Hall will be upgraded causing wireless and wired networks to go down in both Thomas and Smith Halls.
- 7am-8am: Replacing and upgrading firewall equipment. This may cause sporadic outages across campus throughout the maintenance period.
Wednesday, March 20th
- 6am-9am: ITS will be working on equipment in our Co-Location in Manhattan. This equipment services our core networking equipment and will cause our primary Internet connection to campus to go down during the maintenance period. Our Internet connection will be routed to a backup service during this time. There may be brief network outages on campus and Internet connections may be slow throughout this maintenance period.
Thursday, March 21st
- 7am-9am: The Manhattan College Moodle system will be offline for system maintenance starting at 7am to apply system updates. We anticipate that the maintenance will be completed between 7am-9am during which Moodle system could experience outages and be unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you have any questions or problems, please reach out to ITS via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at extension x-7973.