Drive: a more featureful file-storage solution
What is Google Drive? Drive is a cloud-based storage space available to all JasperNet users. With file sharing features and fine-grained access control, Drive represents a significant upgrade to your home server account.
Drive now delivers unlimited storage space for Apps for Education accounts. Unlimited storage is infinitely larger than the amount of storage space that the old home server provided.
Not only is Drive accessible from any computer on campus, but it is also available anywhere in the world through your JasperNet Gmail account on the web as well as on your smart-phone or tablet through the Google Drive app.
Have you ever worried about losing an important file? Worry no more. Drive can be set up to automatically backup your important files. Google Drive Sync is available for your Mac/PC desktop to synchronize your local files with all or part of your Drive storage - giving you seamless, secure access to your files anywhere/anytime.
The Office-like web apps associated with Drive allow for real-time collaboration. Multiple users can work on a file concurrently. You can watch the action live as collaborators type or move their cursors around within a shared document.
With Drive, you’ll get access to new features.
- Find your stuff faster. Look for files by keyword and Drive searches everything — even text within scanned documents or images without any text at all. Drive also comes with a simplified navigation to help you better organize your files, and there's a new grid view to help you see thumbnails at a glance.
- Work with more apps in Drive. Google Drive is integrated with a growing number of third-party apps, so you can do things like send faxes, edit videos and create website mockups all in one place.
- Access everywhere, every device. Drive comes with desktop and mobile apps, making it much easier to upload, sync and access your stuff from any device. Get Drive for Android and iOS and you can create and edit documents, open and share files, and upload photos and videos.
Visit the help center to learn more.
Partially Reposted from the Google Drive Blog - http://googledrive.blogspot.com
More posts about Drive:
- 10/31/2014 - Unlimited Storage on Drive (for Apps for Education accounts)
- 02/27/2015 - YouTube Video - Drive: a more featureful file-storage solution
- 04/06/2015 - YouTube Video - Drive: Setting Up a Shared Folder
- 04/13/2015 - Drive: Accessing your Google Drive via "drive.manhattan.edu"