We want to take a minute to welcome everyone back for a new semester. Please take a minute to read through the following Announcements and Reminders:
ITS New Years Resolutions:
- Computer Lab Hygiene. Hand sanitizers are being installed in each of the public facing computer labs to promote good hygiene.
- Security is important. Passwords should never be hand-written/visible to the public. In an effort to maximize security and minimize the number of post-it notes with passwords on them, we recently added SSO (Single Sign-On) to Banner Forms.
- Get to know your Google Apps. We’ve created Knowledge Base Articles to help you get to know your Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- Add to your professional network. Below are some sites that you might find relevant and interesting:
ITS Intersession Updates:
- You can now send us a text to inform us of an issue. However, we will not be able to reply via text. We will reply via email or phone call. Our number is: (240) 670-4ITS.
- The TV-setup in the former Leo Cafe has been modified so it can be used for presentations. You can now connect to it via AirPlay or a VGA cable.
- We have a new office located on the 5th floor in the O’Malley Library (OMAL 504).
- The CD/DVD drives in the classrooms have been mounted to the podiums.
- Each public computer lab has been reimaged.
Updates you may have missed from from Fall 2014:
- PaperCut has been installed in the computer labs, helping us monitor paper usage and promote sustainability.
- Over the summer we completed A/V Upgrades in RLC 102, 104, 105, and 107
- MGL 305 has undergone renovations
- Over the summer, new desktops were installed in RLC 105, MGL 110, and the O’Malley Library.
- The best way to get in touch with a Client Services representative is an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a phone call to x7973 (718-862-7973). Note that emails and voicemails for this line go to our ticketing system, so we encourage you to leave a message.
- Remember that we will never ask you for your password. We encourage you all to please reset your computer password to “jasper” prior to dropping it off at Client Services. If you do not do this prior, please allocate an extra 5 minutes to work with a Client Services representative so that they can assist you in changing your password when working with us. Upon completion of work on your computer, please allocate another 5 minutes so that a Client Services representative can assist you in changing your password back to its original state. This is necessary in order to safeguard your password. Remember that you should never give your password out to anyone under any circumstances. Note that the same procedure holds true when you are requesting assistance with one of your Manhattan College accounts.
- Client Services cannot lend out equipment to students. If a student needs equipment for a project, they must have a Manhattan College employee sign out equipment on their behalf, and the Manhattan College employee is held responsible for that equipment.
- Client Services can provide short-term loaner equipment, such as laptops and projectors by reservation. However, if equipment is needed long term, it should be purchased through your department.
- The Client Services office does not work on personal computers. We will train employees and students and instruct them on how to fix their computers, but personal computers cannot be dropped off for service. No personal items should ever be left in any of the Client Services offices.
- Please remember to request event setups in advance. We work with limited resources, so we cannot always complete last minute requests.
- Client Services currently has 3 convenient locations: Jasper Basement, RLC 103, and OMAL 504. Please stop by the location closest to you. We encourage you to call first to be sure that someone is available as we are continuously in and out of the office assisting the Manhattan College community.
- Client Services Hours of Operations can be found here.
- Computer Lab Hours can be found here.
- Campus-owned computers are purchased with premium hardware support provided by the manufacturer. ITS will diagnose and determine whether manufacturer hardware support is needed. For the fastest service, users are also able to contact the manufacturer directly to access hardware support and replacement.
- Your feedback helps us improve our service and should be sent to http://manhattan.edu/tellits
- Check out our Blog: http://itsblog.manhattan.edu/
- Check out our known issues page: http://itsblog.manhattan.edu/p/known-issues.html
Thank you for your attention.