- Secure Wi-Fi
- Dual-Authentication Logins (Like Duo!)
- Constantly checking for software updates from our hardware and software makers is also crucial since the updates are usually made in direct response to potential vulnerabilities.
- Limiting the information being posted on social media regarding your location will impede a hacker’s ability to pinpoint your home to begin hacking
Friday, October 23, 2020
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Google Workspace Update
This update makes it easier to manage access requests to Google Drive files by sending dynamic emails. Dynamic emails allow you to respond to the request without leaving Gmail.
When someone requests access to a Google Drive file, you’ll receive an email with the access request. The email lets you review the request, choose the access level and grant access directly from the email. It will work for Gmail on the web, on Android devices and on Apple devices.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
UPDATE: As of 925am on 10/21/2020, the generator test in Horan Hall is now complete.
Physical Plant will be conducting a generator test in Horan Hall on Wednesday, October 21stThere will be two brief outages, one while switching to generator power, the other while switching back to main power. Both wired and wireless will be affected during this generator test.
Only Horan Halls will be affected during this generator test. This will not affect the rest of campus.
If you have any questions, please contact ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
#TellITS - ITS needs your help identifying and reporting technology issues on campus. ITS has been using the Tell ITS form as a way to alert us to technology issues so that we can help resolve them sooner. If you see an issue, loose cable, or something that just doesn't look right - we want to know about it!
- Fun fact: A faculty member brought the "Grid View" extension to our attention and we were able to share that info more widespread! Your input and ideas are important to us and could be beneficial to all of Manhattan College!
- Have a good experience? Let us know!
- Have a bad experience? Let us know what went wrong so we can correct it for the future.
- Have an idea to improve tech at the college? We want to know about it.
- Make sure to give us your name so we can give you credit if the idea is implemented.
Monday, October 19, 2020
GSuite has now been rebranded to Google Workplace. This means that you might be seeing Google Workplace in future communications from ITS and Google.
Other than the name change, there should be no disturbances to your @manhattan.edu account or the features you receive through it.
For more information on this change, please reference this article.
ITS will be conducting maintenance in Miguel Hall on Friday, October 30th from 6am to 7am. This maintenance may cause outages in both wired and wireless services.
This planned network maintenance will cause brief network outages for both the wired and wireless networks throughout Miguel Hall.
If you have any questions, please contact ITS at email@example.com or at extension x-7973. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.