Google Hangouts Meet and Google Hangouts Classic are two very useful tools to allow live interactive meetings. However during this time, ITS would like to recommend that you use Google Hangouts Meet for all of your remote working/teaching sessions. ITS is only supporting Google Hangouts Meet issues. Please consider the following when you are setting up a large online video conference meeting.meet.google.com looks like this when you type in the url:
1. Google Hangouts Meet is the preferred meeting option because it allows you to invite up to 100 people to a meeting where Hangouts only allows you to invite up to 10 people. Using Google Hangouts Meet ensures that every invited participant in your meeting will be able to join without getting kicked out due to capacity.
2. You are able to record your meeting so that you can review it later and/or share it with others. This recording is downloaded into your Google Drive once the recording is complete.
3. Google Hangouts Meet allows you to share your screen and still keep your shared frame at the same time. This means that your participants will be able to see your screen and you or whatever you have in the frame at the same time.
4. You can turn on on Captions using Google Hangouts Meet. This means people will be able to both see and hear what you are saying.
5. Additionally you can also change the layout of your screen during the video conference to adjust to the type of screen you need. This means that you can change your layout to show Questions and Comments on the side or make your frame the large one and others who have joined smaller. This can be a useful tool if you are in a meeting with more than 5 people.