Office Lens is a handy capture app that turns your smartphone into a pocket scanner. Use it to take pictures of receipts, business cards, menus, whiteboards or sticky notes—then let Office Lens crop, enhance and save. Just like that—all the scanned images you capture from Office Lens are accessible on all your devices.
Here’s a quick look at some of the more significant features and capabilities that Office Lens for iPhone supports:
- Recognizes the corners of a document and automatically crops, enhances and cleans up the image.
Before-and-after look at pictures of a receipt and a paper document captured and processed by Office Lens for iPhone.
- Identifies printed text with optical character recognition (OCR) so that you can search by key word for the image in OneNote or OneDrive.
- Converts images of paper documents and whiteboard notes into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and PDF files for easy editing and reformatting (see more details here).
- Captures business cards and generates contacts you can add to your phone.
- Inserts images to OneNote or OneDrive (as DOCX, PPTX, JPG or PDF format) and gives you options to save, export and share the image.
Before-and-after look at a picture of a whiteboard, captured and processed by Office Lens for iPhone, as well as the options you have to save, export or share with others.
Read more at https://blogs.office.com/2015/04/02/office-lens-comes-to-iphone-and-android/#mMldeHMVJfC9O4Xh.99