The new Gmail app for iOS
When you get the next Gmail iOS app update, you’ll notice some exciting changes: The biggest overhaul of the app in nearly four years. It's the Gmail you know and love, with a fresh new look, sleeker transitions and some highly-requested features. It's a lot faster, too.
With the new app, getting things done on the go is a lot easier — whether you’re trying to find a message your colleague sent you last month, or trying to get through your work inbox on a Monday morning.
Starting today, you’ll be able to:
- Undo Send, just like you do on the desktop, to prevent embarrassing email mistakes
- Search faster with instant results and spelling suggestions (like when you type “flighht,” but you really meant “flight”)
- Swipe to archive or delete, to quickly clear items out of your inbox
Google Calendar: Updated for you
Based on your feedback (thank you!), the Calendar app on iOS has some shiny, new features:
- Month view and week in landscape view, so you have even more ways to see your schedule at a glance.
- Spotlight Search support, so you can search for events, Reminders and Goals in Apple’s Spotlight Search and find what you’re looking for faster.
- Alternate calendars. If you often look up dates in a non-Gregorian calendar — like Lunar, Islamic, or Hindu — you can now add that calendar to easily see those dates alongside your current calendar.