In Banner 9, when attempting to print or open a .log or .lis file, the computer is unable to open that file.
This is because the .lis and .log files do not have a program associated with it. This requires the user to manually select the program to associate that file with.
Mac OS X
- Click on the file in the Finder.
- Choose File→Get Info (Command+I). Alternatively, you can also right-click on the file and select Get Info.
- In the Info window, click the gray triangle to disclose the Open With pane.
- From the pop-up menu, choose an application such as TextEdit or Microsoft Word to open .log or .lis files.
- (Optional) If you click the Change All button at the bottom of the Open With pane, you make the selected program the new default application for all files of that kind.Notice the handy alert that appears when you click the Change All button and how nicely it explains what will happen if you click Continue.