- Ensure your security software and computer operating system is updated with the latest versions. It is essential to install the updated security software on all your devices so that it helps to protect from cyberthreats.
- It is important to have a unique and complex password that can help to avoid cyber attackers from accessing your information. A strong password contains 10 characters including numbers, symbols, lowercase, and uppercase. Change your password regularly, this helps to avoid hackers to access the data.
- Use multi-factor authentication. Multi-factor authentication helps to protect your data by adding an extra layer of security. With MFA, if the hacker gets your password, they would be required to cross the second or third factor of authentication such as security code, OTP, fingerprint and voice recognition.
Fun Fact: If you use Duo, you are already doing this! To learn more about Duo check out this link.
- Be cautious of links, attachments, and emails from unrecognized senders. Never give personal details in response to emails, pop-ups, attachments, or any other forms of communication that you don’t initiate.
- Enable Best firewall protection. This prevents unauthorized users from accessing your websites, emails and other sources of information that can be accessed through the web.
Thursday, December 3, 2020
Cyber Security Best Practices
As we are coming to the end of this year and are in the midst of an almost entirely online culture, please review these Cyber Security best practices.